BLOG 2 : Media and Information Design Framework


On our second meeting, Mr.Opiana told the class to write down some common misconceptions on Media and Information Literacy. We were then grouped and asked to compile the common misconceptions we thought about. I was the one who represented my group’s answer in front of class.

Here is the list of our ideas on some common misconceptions:
1.      Technology literacy is about knowing, operating, and using technological inventions.

Now that things were already taught to us I’ve learned that it also includes responsible use of media and ability of one to work independently or with others. I also learned that it is also about the integration, evaluation and communication of information.

2.       Information literacy is about the ability to understand information relayed.



I didn’t know I order to be information literate we must also have the ability to recognize information when it is necessary.
3.      Media and Information Literacy is when you understand and can access media platforms responsibly.


I didn’t know that Media and Information also develops our critical thinking and life-long learning skills in order to become an active citizen.


For our homework, I was asked to imagine myself as a journalist tasked to write an article. It was an introduction on Media and Information Design Framework. I had to fill up a matrix filled with questions as our guide.

Here is what I came up with:




Carbon dioxide emissions have been linked to all sorts of environmental ills. Improvements in car design are helping the issue, but the CO2ube Kickstarter project wants to take carbon dioxide filtration to any car on the road. I thought of promoting that product because air pollution is rampant in the city. Many inventions and laws have been invented and passed in our country. But most of these are either expensive or not properly observed by the citizens. In buying the product in a one-time payment they saved their money and the environment. The profit made by the production can be used for other projects in the future that could also help in dealing with other environmental issues.

Comments

Popular Posts